What is Mask Reprocessing?
The demand for personal protective equipment (PPE) such as N95 masks has increased across all sectors because of the COVID-19 pandemic. Healthcare agencies require these critical pieces of PPE to manage on the front lines of the pandemic, while other sectors are adopting their use for the first time. This sharp rise in demand and PPE use has created supply shortages, increased costs and more waste.
SteriRight provides a mask reprocessing service that reduces procurement pressure, reduces costs, and promotes sustainable solutions.
What is mask reprocessing and how does it work?
SteriRight’s state-of-the-art technology was developed and manufactured in Canada. It has been proven to kill 99.99% of a surrogate for COVID-19 and is the same technology that is used in hospital networks across the country.
The process uniquely uses 3 proven modalities for disinfection:
- Proprietary Hydrogen Peroxide
- UV-C Light
- Fast – The process takes only minutes to complete.
- Convenient – Masks can be shipped to and from our facility in Hamilton, Ontario for treatment or if you are within the catchment area, technicians can bring the service to you with our mobile unit. In either case, you can expect a quick turnaround.
- Affordable – Masks can be reprocessed up to ten times for a fraction of the cost of purchasing a new one.
- Safe – The solution leaves no odour or residue. Masks are labelled and returned to the original user.
- Sustainable – Reprocessing masks is a way to reduce waste and environmental impacts.