What is Mask Reprocessing?
The demand for personal protective equipment (PPE) such as N95 masks has increased across all sectors because of the COVID-19 pandemic. Healthcare agencies require these critical pieces of PPE to manage on the front lines of the pandemic, while other sectors are adopting their use for the first time. This sharp rise in demand and PPE use has created supply shortages, increased costs and more waste.
SteriRight provides a mask reprocessing service that reduces procurement pressure, reduces costs, and promotes sustainable solutions.
What is mask reprocessing and how does it work?
SteriRight’s state-of-the-art technology was developed and manufactured in Canada. It has been proven to kill 99.99% of a surrogate for COVID-19 and is the same technology that is used in hospital networks across the country.
The process uniquely uses 3 proven modalities for disinfection:
- Proprietary Hydrogen Peroxide
- UV-C Light
Authorization for this hospital-grade process was issued by Health Canada through an interim order and validated by labs from the University of Guelph and McMaster University.
At our facility in Hamilton, Ontario or at your location with our mobile unit, a SteriRight technician will inspect your used masks for damage, mark and tag them for tracking, then run them through the disinfection process. When disinfection is complete, a separate technician retrieves the clean masks, inspects them once again, labels and safely repackages them to be returned to the original user.
SteriRight Mask Reprocessing is:
- Fast – The process takes only minutes to complete.
- Convenient – Masks can be shipped to and from our facility in Hamilton, Ontario for treatment or if you are within the catchment area, technicians can bring the service to you with our mobile unit. In either case, you can expect a quick turnaround.
- Affordable – Masks can be reprocessed up to ten times for a fraction of the cost of purchasing a new one.
- Safe – The solution leaves no odour or residue. Masks are labelled and returned to the original user.
- Sustainable – Reprocessing masks is a way to reduce waste and environmental impacts.
SteriRight mask reprocessing can help reduce your costs, prevent shortages from affecting your business, and reduce the environmental impact of discarded PPE. For more information or to schedule a reprocessing treatment, contact us today via our online form or by phone at 905-960-0420.